Cities consume about 75% of global primary energy and emit more than 50% of the world’s total greenhouse gases. In order to reduce the impact of climate change, while maintaining social prosperity as a priority, the broad theme of Sustainable Energy is vital for ensuring a balance between economic growth and environmental sustainability. In this context, growing global concern leads to the adoption of new technological paradigms, especially for the operation of future Smart Cities.
SESC 2019 – International Conference on Sustainable Energy for Smart Cities aims to establish an international and multidisciplinary discussion opportunity for academic scientists, researchers and professionals, in topics that include, but are not limited to:
- Energy and Environment; Renewable Energy; Energy Conservation; Energy Storage Systems.
- Life Cycle Assessment, Forecasting, Pricing, Policies, Planning and Markets for Energy Systems.
- Management of Distributed Energy Resources; Energy Systems Modelling; Energy Traffic Balance.
- Smart Grids; Microgrids; Smart Homes; Smart Energy; Energy Control and Decision; Demand Response.
- Intelligent Energy Monitoring; Smart Sensors; Advanced Metering Infrastructures.
- Power, Energy and Industry Applications; Power Electronics Converters and Prototypes.
- Power Quality; Active Power Filters; Power System Stability, Reliability and Security.
- Electric Mobility; Green Vehicles; Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- Energy Efficiency in Transportation, Technology and Innovation for Railways.
- Smart Building Technologies; Green Industrial Automation and Control; New Lighting Technologies.
- Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Physical Systems, Data Mining, Green Cloud Computing and Big Data for Smart Cities.
- Green Wired and Wireless Communications Techniques and Protocols, Energy-Efficient Transmission Technologies, Mobile Architectures and Collaborative Networks for Smart Cities.
All accepted papers will be submitted for publication by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world’s largest scientific libraries.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a Special Issue of:
Full Paper Submission deadline
16 August 2019 [final]
16 September 2019
4 October 2019
Start of Conference
4 December 2019
End of Conference
6 December 2019